We are a new co-op in Northern Illinois serving Boone and Winnebago counties who also is a part of the Illinois Christian Home Educators. Your kids will learn in a fun, formal and safe classes as we serve them lovingly cultivating additional faith based skill sets that will encourage both students and home educators in their existing teachings, while enhancing their self esteem, social skills and discipleship weekly. We truly believe in home education as a valued - core foundation to the building blocks of children because discipleship, teaching and training starts within the kingdom home and when our kids come together their time spent in our classes will bring home full circle to how they learn, perform and integrate in ways they contribute. We aim to serve children not only in development but through mentor-ship, play pals systems that helps children achieve in their studies and provide support training in areas of weakness. We desire to be a co-op of excellence and a pattern for othe co-ops to follow in serving your children
As home educator's with a grade schooler who desired to fellowship with other home educators and students we encountered other religious home school co-op's and or groups here in Northern Illinois who were not open to children who don't fit into their mold as well as offering select classes not addressing a child's need for age appropriate socialization that allows them to engage and nurture what being a kid is. NMHE is accepting other home educators and students to connect.
We believe the bible is the authoritative historical records, testimonies and witness to the Kingdom of Heaven and Jesus Christ.
We believe that Heavenly Father is our Creator, King over all dominion, Judge over the justified, Father of all spirits, positioned on the throne administrating the government in supreme power and authority.
We believe Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of Heavenly Father God born from a virgin mother by Holy Spirit who brought the government to the kingdom of Heaven back to earth. Jesus being the visible image of Heavenly Father crucified on a wooden cross, rose on the 3rd day and ascended before His disciples, positioned to the right hand of Heavenly Father.
We believe He is the way to Heavenly Father. We believe Jesus is our Messiah whose death redeemed all those who Heavenly Father calls to Himself.
We believe Holy Spirit is the 100% essence of Abba Father graced to mankind with function, purpose and roles. We believe Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and Promise, remanded to earth until Messiah comes back for our return who leads us into all truth, prophecies to us, doesn't speak in His own authority and gives to us what is His.
Co-op is short for "cooperative", and means people working together toward a like goal. In the home education scene families come together to offer classes, or programs, or sometimes just support each other. We are proud to offer another means for home educators and their students to come together in a safe environment to learn, participate, worship and connect with their peers in ways they cannot in a normal school and home setting. We supply a missing piece of creative , fun socialization in a child' world as they grow. This is our group
NMHE offers these classes weekly at our new campus: creative writing, arts & crafts, Spanish, show & tell, games and a monthly adventure. Please check our event page for days and times.
1) What are the grade level you serve? We serve our home education students entering 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades.
2) Can I help teach in the classes?
We are always looking for volunteers who want to teach in larger groups or help facilitate our class room settings.
3) Can I drop off my child during the classes? No we ask that one parent or official guardian be in the building while their students are attending our co-op.
4) Will your provide other classes? Yes, as we grow in our co-op we hope to also grow in the different classes offered.
5) What if my family is not saved will my child be accepted? Yes because we believe Jesus never turned away children we endeavor to be like Him as servants and your child is welcome but know they will come to know why we love Jesus so much.
6) Do you offer financial assistance? If it is believed and learned that a family is at-risk or homeless we will work with them to remove the financial burden. Home education co-op ought night be a burden to a struggling family who desires to educate and assimilate their children.
7) Do you offer tours of your facility and classes? If you would like to schedule a walk through give us a call to schedule your appointment.
8) Does my child have to register in order to attend classes in the co-op? Yes, we require all our students and families to register in order to be a part of our co-op.